Balázs Farkas is a Hungarian writer born in 1987. He is an active member various literary and genre fiction scenes in Budapest. He writes and translates both fiction and essays about various topics of culture and pop-culture in general.
He is an author of five books, and he has received the Zsigmond Móricz Literary Grant in 2015.
He is currently working at Budapest-based game developer studio, NeocoreGames. He has worked on games such as The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, World of Van Helsing: Deathtrap, Warhammer 40.000: Inquisitor and King Arthur: Knight’s Tale.
Works in English
- “Human Body” – In: Year’s Best Body Horror 2017 (Gehenna & Hinnom, 2017)
- “Heat Wave” (translated by Andrea Bogdán) – In: Hévíz Literary Journal (special English issue, 2015.) (Also available as separate ebook on Amazon).
- “Calabash: A Van Helsing Adventure” – (NeocoreGames, 2015)
- HARMAT: Desolation (artist: Ernő Juhász), work in progress, 2023
- The Story of Us (artist: Ernő Juhász). Featured at the Salon Stripa Comics Festival, 2018
Video Games (as contributor):
- King Arthur: Knight’s Tale (NeocoreGames, 2021) (Event design, additional writing, Kickstarter campaign, short story anthology)
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Prophecy (NeocoreGames, 2018) (Asset management, additional texts)
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr (NeocoreGames, 2016) (Localization, asset management)
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut (NeocoreGames, 2015) (Spin-off short story, marketing)
- The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing III (NeocoreGames, 2015) (Marketing)
- Deathtrap (NeocoreGames, 2015) (Localization, marketing)